Sunday, March 2, 2008

So it's March..

I guess it's time for me to update...I've had a lot of encouragement to do so. It's almost like February didn't happen, I'm actually glad to just skip to March. Well, Actually February was a busy month starting with my mom's birthday and shortly after was mine plus a bunch of craziness in between. I have been so blessed this year with my amazing family and friends who have invested so much in my life. I had mixed feelings about turning 24 ready but not ready. This year was one of the best birthdays yet. I'm really excited about what God has planned for this year and the journey of trusting him with everyday. This last year has been one of the hardest years of my life. I've learned so much about my God, myself and my relationship with the Lord. I would not trade one moment of closeness with Him, experiencing "God gives and God takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord" and learning to trust Him with everything has been a daily process. What a mighty God we serve and what peace there is knowing that He is in control and has a perfect plan for us.

Well on to the latest, this weekend crazy busy as usually. Starting with a fun girl's dinner
& movie night. "Bringing up baby" is definitely a classic must see. I hadn't seen it in so long or laughed so hard. :) This weekend I made and completely decorated a cake for a baby shower, that was a first for me. I had no idea it was so much work or so stressful..wondering/hoping it's not to dry, sweet, ugly, etc. Well it ended up making it in one piece to the shower and everyone seemed to like it but really...what are they going to say? Anyways it was fun but I think I'd like to wait awhile before doing that again. :)

Last night was the BEST! Michelle, Morgan and Jess took me out for my birthday. It was a surprise as to what we were doing. Ends up they made a picnic and got me a visa gift card and took me shopping in Southlake to spend my new found money. It was the best time ever. I love them so much and we had a blast! Plus I got some cute stuff..thanks guys! Pictures to follow.

This Morning in Church we sang this song and I love the words:

Before the throne of God above I have a strong, a perfect plea
A great High Priest whose name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me

When Satan tempts me to despair and tells me of the guilt within
Upward I look and see Him there, Who made an end to all my sin

Because the sinless Savior died my sinful soul is counted free
For God the Just is satisfied to look on Him and pardon me
To look on Him and pardon me

Behold Him there, the risen Lamb my perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I Am, the King of glory and of grace

My name is graven on His hands My name is written on His heart
I know that while in Heaven, He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart

One with Himself I cannot die My soul is purchased with His blood
My life is hid with Christ on high
With Christ my Savior and my God, With Christ my Savior and my God



Well looking to another week..that's all for now!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!!!!!!! Yea for the update!!! I had a blast last night too... thanks for having a birthday... hehe...

I LOVE that song... Before the Throne... do you have it on CD? It's a Sovereign Grace Song and you can download it on Itunes if you want it... or better yet... order the CD from Sovereign Grace's website. It's such a great reminder to look to the Lord!

Love you!

Courtney said...

I saw the pictures on Facebook. Looked like a great girls' night! Gotta love Southlake!

It was fun reading your update. Let's get together for that brunch or lunch date soon!

Michelle said...

Yea!!! You have friends! :-)

Jessica said...

yeah for an update! You motivate me =) I think I need to update...Anyway, it was so much fun the other night and I'm glad it all worked out and that you had such a great time! We need to make it tradition! And I love that song too...I was just listening to it yesterday =) Love ya girl!

Tori said...

Hi Camile! Glad to see everything is well with you. That is one of my favorite songs of all time. I just learned it a few years ago, but it so completely sums up our position as believers under Christ's lordship and authority! I have a version by SonicFlood that I love. I'll have to check out the one Michelle mentioned, too! Have a great week!