Thursday, March 20, 2008

Give Me Jesus

This is one of my favorite songs. For Me just these few verses sum up what my daily life should reflect. Very simple and basic but very powerful. If I would be so satisfied and content in Him, no matter where I am in life that my heart would just say Give Me Jesus.

In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise
In the morning, when I rise

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I am alone,
When I am alone,
When I am alone,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

When I come to die,
When I come to die,
When I come to die,
Give me Jesus.

Give me Jesus.
Give me Jesus,
Give me Jesus.
You can have all this world,
Just give me Jesus.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

That's an excellent song. Keep preaching truth to yourself, my friend!
Here are some verses that have been encouraging to me recently.

Psalm 29:11
"The Lord will give strength to His people; the Lord will bless His people with peace."

Psalm 13:5-6
"But I have trusted in Your lovingkindness; my heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, because He has dealt bountifully with me."

Psalm 107:8-15
"Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of men! For He satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul He fills with good things.... then they cried to the Lord in their trouble, and He delivered them from their distress. He brought them out of darkness and the shadow of death, and burst their bonds apart. Let them thank the Lord for His steadfast love, for His wondrous works to the children of men!"

May your heart be encouraged as you focus on the STEADFAST LOVE of the Lord. Love you girl!

Michelle said...

Yes... that recipe was out of "Practicing Hospitality"... I've so enjoyed that book so far. You should definitely check it out! :-) It's inspiring!!!

Michelle said...

Hey... so I posted some pics up at the bottom of my page... check it out and let me know if when you click on it if flickr allows you to see the whole set or if it's just what's on my page. Thanks!

Michelle said...

I'm excited about seeing you tonight!!! :-)

Tori said...

I love that song! What a sweet post, Camile.

Michelle said...

Hey you!!!

Here's a cry for an update!!! :-) It's so hard to keep up with a blog when life is spinning around us, isn't it?

Well, when you have time, I'd love to see an update of how you are doing!!!

Love ya, friend!

Michelle said...

Hey friend!

Just wanted to say "hi" and that I love you and miss you! :-)

Michelle said...

So... just in case you've forgotten... WE'RE GOING TO MONTANA in two weeks!!!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

The end.